- What Information We Collect
- How We Collect and Use Information
- Disclosure of Your Information to Third Parties
- Third-Party Advertising
- Age Restrictions
- Updating Your Information
- Contacting the Website
- Acceptance of Privacy Statement
This privacy statement discloses the privacy practices of IAA Social Networking Private Limited (“IAA”).
IAA collects various personal information including sensitive personal data and information. The information that we collect is necessary for the services that are provided to you on the site. Personal information collected includes name, location (city, state), sex, date of birth, e-mail address. Sensitive personal information such as passwords is also collected for authenticating your signing-in into the site. From the information you submit, it may be possible to infer sensitive personal information such as your sexual orientation, as well as your physical, psychological and mental health condition. You understand and expressly agree that such information may be visible on the site to other users as this would be necessary to provide you with the Service.
You also understand that you have access to your submitted information. You further undertake to review submitted information from time to time in order to ensure that any “personal information” or “sensitive personal data or information” that is found to be inaccurate, obsolete, or deficient is corrected or amended.
You also understand that at any time you have the right to withdraw your consent to the information submitted to us by terminating your account as provided in the Terms of Service. If you find any discrepancy that you are unable to correct or have any grievances in this regard, please contact the Grievance Officer whose details are supplied in the Terms of Service. We will not allow any third party to collect your information on our behalf.
The following sections describe how your personal information is collected by us, and how we use such information.
- Log Files Any time you visit any of our websites, our servers may automatically gather information from your browser (such as your IP addresses, browser type, Internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, platform type, date/time stamp, and number of clicks) to analyze trends, administer the site, prevent fraud, track visitor movement in the aggregate, and gather broad demographic information. For example, we may log your IP address for system administration purposes. IP addresses are logged to track a user’s session. This gives us an idea of which parts of our site users are visiting. We do not share the log files externally.
- Web Beacons “Web beacons” (also known as “clear gifs” and “pixel tags”) are small transparent graphic images that are often used in conjunction with cookies in order to further personalize our website for our users and to collect a limited amount of information about our visitors. We may also use web beacons in email communications in order to understand the behavior of our customers.
- Information About You When you register or subscribe to our Site, we collect a wide variety of information about you. We collect answers to our questionnaire, and we use your answers to build a personality profile for you and to match you with other compatible persons. Your individual responses to the questions about your personality in our questionnaire will be held confidential, while other information about yourself (such as name, sex, “looking for,” etc.) will be used to build your "My Profile." We may also display your most recent log-in date and other profile/account information to your matches. You may choose to provide us with your photo(s) or video(s) and by providing us such content, you agree that we may make them available to your matches and users of IAA’s services. Except as otherwise stated in this privacy statement and in the Terms of Service, we do not disclose your personal information to your matches or other users of our services.
- Purchase Information To process any subscription based purchases, we and/or the payment gateway may require your name, address, phone number, email address, and credit card information. Such information is used primarily to process your order or as otherwise described herein. Credit card transactions are processed through industry standard Secure Socket Layer (SSL/TLS) and additional internet authentication or over Interactive Voice Response (IVR) gateways using One Time Passwords (OTPs) by a third party, which only uses your information for that purpose. The collection of information, if any, by the payment gateway is for the purpose of processing your order and their address will be displayed or will be accessible at the time of such order. Such information will be not stored for longer than necessary unless required under any other law for the time being in force.
- E-mails and Telephone Calls We require an e-mail address from you when you register for our services. We use your e-mail for both transactional (e.g., order confirmation, refund and renewal processing, notifying of matches for our services) and promotional (e.g., newsletters, new product offerings, special discounts, event notifications, special third-party offers) purposes. E-mail messages we send you may contain code that enables our database to track your usage of the e-mails, including whether the e-mail was opened and what links (if any) were clicked. If you would rather not receive promotional e-mails from us, please see the section below labeled “Choice/Opt-Out”. We reserve the right to send you certain communications relating to the IAA services, such as service announcements and administrative messages, without offering you the opportunity to opt out of receiving them. We may also contact you by telephone or text message (including to any mobile number you may provide to us) solely in connection with IAA’s services. If you would rather not receive telephone calls or text messages from us, you may change or delete your number from your account preferences page(s), or ask to be removed from our contact list if you receive a call or text message from us. We fully comply with the requirements of the Telecom Unsolicited Commercial Communications Regulations, 2007.
- Demographic Data Demographic data is also collected at our site. We use this data to tailor our visitors’ experience at our site, showing them content that we think they might be interested in, and displaying the content according to their preferences. Some of this information may be shared with advertisers on a non-personally identifiable basis.
- Online Survey Data We may periodically conduct voluntary member surveys. We encourage our members to participate in such surveys because they provide us with important information regarding the improvement of our services. You may also volunteer for certain surveys that we may offer to our users, and any additional rules regarding the conduct of such surveys will be disclosed to you prior to your participation. We do not link the survey responses to any personally identifiable, and all responses are anonymous.
- Information Regarding Your Friends We encourage you to refer a friend to our service by sending us a friend’s name and email address. We will keep this information in our database, and send that person a one-time e-mail containing your name and inviting them to visit www.datedosti.com™.This e-mail will also include instructions on how to remove their information from our database. You agree that you will not abuse this feature by entering names and addresses of those who would not be interested in joining www.datedosti.com™.
- Use for Research In addition to the uses outlined above, by using our site, you agree to allow us to anonymously use the information from you and your experiences to research into successful relationships. This research, conducted by accredited individuals, may be published.However, all of your responses will be kept anonymous, and no personal information will be published.
- Disclosure By Law You acknowledge and agree that we may disclose information you provide if required to do so by law, at the request of a third party, or if we, in our sole discretion, believe that disclosure is reasonable to (1) comply with the law, requests or orders from law enforcement, or any legal process; (2) verify the identity, prevent, detect, investigate, prosecute, and punish offences where the Government agency has stated in writing that the information obtained shall not be published or shared with any other person; (2) protect or defend IAA’s, or a third party’s, rights or property; (3) protect someone’s health or safety, such as when harm or violence against any person (including you) is threatened; or when (4) such disclosure would be necessary to protect the unity, integrity, defence, security or sovereignty of India, maintain friendly relations with foreign states, or public order, or it causes incitement to the commission of any cognisable offence, or prevents investigation of any offence or is insulting to any other nation.
- Disclosure to Protect Abuse Victims Notwithstanding any other provision of this privacy statement or our Terms of Service, we reserve the right, but have no obligation, to disclose any information that you submit to the services, if in our sole opinion, we suspect or have reason to suspect, that the information involves a party who may be the victim of abuse in any form. Abuse may include, without limitation, domestic violence, child abuse, spousal abuse, neglect, or elder abuse. Information may be disclosed to authorities or persons that we, in our sole discretion, deem appropriate or proper to handle such disclosure. Appropriate authorities may include, without limitation, law enforcement agencies, the National Commission for Women (NCW),National Commission for Protection of Child Rights (NCPCR),Central Social Welfare Board (CSWB), National Institute of Public Co-operation and Child Development (NIPCCD),or court officials. You hereby acknowledge and agree that we are permitted to make such disclosure.
- Disclosure to Trusted Third Parties By Us We may share your some de-identified personal information with third parties, but not in a manner that would reveal your identity. We may also share your personal information with service providers that may be associated with us to perform functions on our behalf. For example, customer care agents or technology assistants may need access to your information to perform services for you. Your information will be treated as private and confidential by such service providers and not used for any other purpose than we authorize. In addition, from time to time, we may share personal information (such as e-mail, mailing address, phone number) about our user base with carefully selected third parties, so they can offer goods and services that we believe may be of interest to our users. If you do not wish to receive offers from our trusted partners, you can change your e-mail preferences at any time by following the steps outlined in the “Choice/Opt-Out” section below. We will impose the obligation on such third parties to not further disclose any personal information.
- Transfer of Information If any transfer of personal information to any corporate entity or individual, located either in India or abroad is required, IAA will make every attempt to ensure that such transfer adheres to the same level of data protection that is adhered to by the IAA; however, IAA expressly disclaims any liability as a result of any breach by such entity or individual.
- Information Transferred As a Result of Sale of Business As we develop our business, we may buy or sell assets and, depending on the transaction, your personal information may be one of the transferred assets. In the event that we are acquired by another company, your personal information may be part of the assets transferred to the acquiring party. If this occurs, you will be notified if there are any material changes to the way your personal information is collected or used and you shall have the right to terminate your account.
- Breach Notification In the event we experience any breach of security with respect to personal information held by us, we shall attempt to contact you as soon as practicable by email, telephone, or any other means available to us so that you make take necessary steps in this regard. However, the failure to notify shall not render us liable against any claim or injury.
We may use third-party advertising agencies or other service providers to serve ads on our website on behalf of IAA or third-party advertisers (e.g., retailers of goods or services). These companies may employ cookies and web beacons to measure advertising effectiveness. Some of these third-party advertising agencies may be members of the Network Advertising Initiative, which offers you the option to opt out of ad targeting from its member agencies by following the procedures listed here.
We will only share your information with third parties in the ways defined in this privacy statement.
Our age restrictions are set forth in the Terms of Service. We do not target our sites or services to persons under the age of 18, and any information we may receive from users we believe to be under the age of 18 will be purged from our database.
We will exercise reasonable care in providing secure transmission of information between your computer and our servers, but given that no information transmitted over the Internet can be guaranteed 100% secure, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information transmitted to us over the Internet and hence accept no liability for any unintentional disclosure.
You may use the following options for removing your information from our e-mail database if you wish to opt out of receiving promotional e-mails and newsletters.
- Click on the “unsubscribe” link on the bottom of the e-mail;
- Send mail to the following postal address letting us know the promotional e-mail(s) you wish to opt-out of:
IAA Social Networking Private Limited
A-178, Ground Floor
C-3, Saini Bhawan
Bhisham Pitamah Marg
New Delhi – 110 013
If you have any questions about this privacy statement, the practices of this site, or your dealings with the www.datedosti.com™ website, you can Contact Us or write to:
IAA Social Networking Private Limited
A-178, Ground Floor
C-3, Saini Bhawan
Bhisham Pitamah Marg
New Delhi – 110 013
Your use of our website(s), including any dispute concerning privacy, is subject to this privacy statement and the applicable Terms of Service. BY USING OUR WEBSITE OR SERVICES, YOU ARE ACCEPTING THE PRACTICES SET OUT IN THIS PRIVACY STATEMENT AND THE TERMS OF SERVICE.
Your continued use of any portion of our website following posting of the updated privacy statement will constitute your acceptance of the changes.
This privacy statement was last revised on July 25th, 2011.