Here are a few pointers to help make your datedosti.com experience safe and successful:
- Be honest and concise in your profile, avoid misleading information by 'tweaking' height, weight, age or occupation details.
- Be clear about the kind of person you are seeking to avoid wasting your time.
- Remember that while datedosti.com has a zero tolerance policy towards profiles which are false or have inappropriate content and we have a Report Abuse feature, there may be profiles you encounter which are inaccurate or misleading.
- Never include personal contact information in your profile (e.g. email, address, phone number, financial information) or initial messages.
- Stop all communications with anyone who makes you feel pressured to provide any personal info (e.g. email, address, phone number, financial information) or tries to communicate with you outside the datedosti.com site.
- Avoid giving out your personal contact details till you are very sure that you want to meet in person.
- We know you are amazing, but if someone claims to have fallen in love with you during initial contact - be very suspicious!
- Watch out for inconsistent information or erratic behavior.
- Never, ever, send money to another user, whatever the circumstances.
- Only meet when YOU are ready. Take your time.
- Make sure you have seen several pictures of the person before meeting. datedosti.com allows users to upload several photos easily and quickly - there is no need not to have seen one.
- Meet in a populated public place.
- Stay in the public place - never go back to your or your date's private address.
- Keep friends and/or family informed about your whereabouts.
- Stay safe at all times by exercising prudent judgement.
- Organise your own transport to and from the meeting point. Never allow accept a lift from the person you are meeting.
- Keep your cell accessible at all times.
- Don't drink and always watch your drinks to make sure they aren't tampered and your belongings to make sure they aren't stolen.
- Watch out for aggressive or erratic body language and behaviour to gauge the person.
- If you feel any pressure, leave at once.
- Get help at any time you feel unsafe or threatened.
- Trust your instincts.
- Don't go with him/her to a second location.
We have a zero tolerance policy towards scammers and inappropriate profiles. If you feel someone is trying to scam you, stop communications immediately and report the concern by clicking on the Report Abuse link on their profile. So watch out and be alert if:
- Someone refuses to meet face-to-face and shows a preference towards sending you SMS messages or contacting you on your personal email.
- Someone directs you to a suggestive/inappropriate/pornographic site.
- Someone asks you for money - this could be in a life-or-death-like situation e.g. settling hospital bills and/or medication with heart-rending stories, theft of money while travelling abroad or in financial opportunity situations e.g. requires a small deposit to open an account in order to send you large amounts of money they have mistakenly received.
- Someone tries to market products or services online to you or offers you a job opportunity.
When you Report Abuse of profiles with obscene, pornographic, abusive, violent or offensive content or photos, you as a credible datedosti.com member protect yourself AND help other datedosti.com members.